Pages

27.11.16

The Dating App Chronicles Back Story


If you guys have been following my blog you will be aware that I decided last year to join a dating app,where I discussed the three types of guys you could potentially meet. Just in case you haven’t got the slightest clue what I am talking about.

So I had come to a point where I decided it was time to take control of my so far adventurous love life and join a dating app.

My guy history so far involves meeting commitment-phobes or confused guys who didn’t know whether they were coming or going. Being the hopeless romantic I am, I decided enough was enough and it was time to take matters into my own hands and start dating. You know proper dating. Not whatever I had been doing prior. You know the typical story: meeting random stranger deciding that I was physically attracted to said stranger than deciding to go out on a date with them to get to know each other better. If anything developed from any of the guys I met then so be it.

They say the quest to find love is never-ending one (or maybe I have just watched way too many Disney films and listened to way too much 90s slow jams. You know the ones I’m talking about) until you meet the right one so I thought I had tried the traditional way so why not give this a go?

Having read various articles about the types of people you can encounter through dating websites and apps I half knew what to expect already but being the ever-curious person that I am and against my better judgment I created my profile.

Even though most of my friends would describe me as a confident and outgoing person in general. When it comes to members of the opposite sex, I have the tendency to be a bit more reserved and waited for them to approach me (at least with some guys that I’m slightly intimidated by).

Like most things that are new and exciting I was constantly on it, seeing the guys that would appear in my feed.

I do not if it was just a newfound confidence or deciding to take a different approach.  I found myself actually being bolder and actually messaging the guys I found attractive first. I thought there was there was no harm in trying. What was the worst that could happen minus them not replying to me?

Which did happened but you can’t be everyone’s cup of tea after all. What is that saying again?  The one about not being everyone’s cup of tea when you can be their shot of brandy instead. I don’t think I completely got the wording right but you get the general gist.

The best way I can describe my experience is a mixed bag. The good, the bad and the ugly.

But I’ll tell you more about that at a later date. I feel like these stories deserve to be told in their full glory so you can cry with laughter at my lack of sheer luck with the opposite sex or you can learn what not to do.

It was definitely an eye-opening experience that has exposed me to a whole new world I never thought I would become a part of my life.

Love,
Gemma Ama x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Gemma Ama. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign